Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Jack on Assigned Seats

Age 11:

After a great first day of middle school, Jack came home on the second day discouraged after finding out his classes would have assigned seats.  We let him pout about it for a bit and then he seemed to let it go. 

After a couple more days, I checked with him to see how he was feeling about it. 

Me: So, are you getting to be friends with any of the kids sitting near you in class?

Jack: No. 

He paused for a moment before continuing on, his voice now dripping with sarcasm. 

Jack: But you know what is awesome about assigned seats? In my one class, someone carved a penis into the desk.   Yeah. A PENIS. And it's not just drawn on there. It is carved into it. 

Me: Seriously?

Jack: Uh huh. And it's not even a good one. It's shaped all weird and the penis is all bent.  And I can't even sit comfortably at the desk because I have to put my arms at weird angle to cover it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment